Sunday 29 April 2012

Rainbow Charm Square Swap is Open



Limited Spaces filled on a first in basis

OK, here is what I am thinking for this time around.

24 spots – so each person(Spot) purchases
4 x 1/2 yard cuts which equals 3 strips x WOF 9 (24 Charm Squares) 


*These calculations are based on standard cotton print fabric that is about 42" wide. 

If you're using more narrow fabric, you may end up with fewer squares. 

Wider fabric will obviously produce more squares.


So you are sending in 24 Charm Squares of each of the 4 fabrics,
96 Charm Squares in total and  you are getting back 
96 different Charm Squares J

Each person will be allocated ONE colour (either Orange, Yellow, Green, Red, Purple or Blue)

Your requirements when shopping are 

TWO fabrics are to be Pastels
TWO fabrics are to be Bright’s (or at least stronger than a Pastel)
and one of those  MUST be a SOLID.

  Please try to vary the shades of your fabric’s so we get a wider variety in the end. 
Eg. If you get Red you can lean into Pink and a red-Orange 
and if you get Blue you can lean towards Blue-green and a blue-purple
  (see the colour wheel above)

Please try to stick to tone on tone or Jewel Tone fabrics as much as possible. 
It is advised to avoid large-scale prints as they will be cut to 5" squares.
So please keep this in mind when choosing fabrics. 

(Please, NO NOVELTY prints)

All charm squares (cut by you) will be posted to me in a Zip Lock bag with your personal information.

If you are in Australia
 you are to also include a a stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of your Charms.

If you are International
When the charms are ready to post back out to you I will advise you of the exact postage cost back at which time you will be requested to make a payment to my paypal account to cover your return postage.

If for any reason return postage is not included or paid charms will not be posted.

Dates will be confirmed later but I am thinking 3 weeks to get charms in?
This will depend on our International participants and how quickly their charms are received.


Please if you have any questions just ask.  

Please also remember that this is only the second Charm Square swap that I am hosting

 so if I have forgotten anything please let me know.



Please also remember that you are not just committing to me to complete your promise to send in your fabric but you are committing to everyone in the group and it can only be a success if everyone follows through and sticks to the deadlines. If you are having any problems at any time please just email me to discuss


CLOSED - CLOSED - CLOSED -

Photobucket

8 comments :

  1. Dear Sharon,

    I'm interested in joining the swap. I'm in Australia.

    Cheers,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you have counted ME in? Thanks Sharon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon

    I am also interested in joining in the fun :-)

    Im in OZ

    Cheers
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    Raelene from Melbourne Aust.
    I would LOVE to join your swap.
    Sounds like fun.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,

    If there is still space I would love to get in on the swap.

    Thank you!
    Dara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dara, you are a no-reply blogger can you kindly email me at lilabellelane @ optusnet . com . au ..... less all the spaces! thanks :o)

      Delete
  6. I would love to join in - I am in NY/USA so it may take a bit for things to make their way around.

    ReplyDelete