Thursday 10 May 2012

Alphabet Challenge

Cheryll over at Gone Stitchin' is hosting her 1st Alphabet Challenge. 
The letter for this round is

The items for this swap are

Asian or African Fat 1/4 of Fabric
Animal buttons x 4
Apricot Ribbon ( 1 meter / 1 yard)
Azure Coloured Thread
Apron using Apricot and Aqua.

The idea is that you make and collect this items, post them on your Blog and then email Cheryll to let her know you are participating.  Then when entries close (22nd May) Cheryll sends you someone else's details and you send your items to them and someone else gets your details and sends their items to you so at this point it becomes a Secret Swap :O)

There is still time to join in the fun.

Here is my take on the items. Be warned though as I have used my "Creative Licence"
for the Apron :o)  According to Google, one meaning of Apron is to "Cover and Protect" and
with that meaning in mind I have made a Protective Apron for my Table!!!!
Yep, my table, right under my (or would that be your) sewing machine :o)
(If you really wanted to you could add some ribbon and tie it around your waist!)

Sewing Machine is not included!
All the goodies


All Aprons need pockets and this one has them to!
And a matching pin cushion


Remember it is not to late to join in the fun.
Pop on over to see Cheryll for all the details.

Have a great day
Photobucket

12 comments :

  1. wow Sharon i love this what a clever take on this,ah what a wonderful swap,well done Sharon,love how you thought outside the square..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you..... artistic licence... way to go... and so beautifully done....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sharon! That is one snazzy apron!!! LOVE your 'take' on this item!! I'm sure it's recipient will be thrilled with it - I know I sure would! Really wanting to take this challenge on now ... but uni dictates that this SHOULD not be so, lol! Feeling too far behind, and too frazzled ... sewing would make me feel better ... but then I'd feel frustrated knowing I could've gotten further ahead with uni in that time. Oh well, there'll always be the next one ... and Ive got the mini challenge to look forward to working on!! Have a great week! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is awesome! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the apron.....in my house it would be put to much better use than the conventional apron....I already have a couple of those that hang behind the pantry door...and that's where they stay! Looks like a fun swap....I am sure the recipient of your apron will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sharon! I cannot believe how much you get to achieve. I look at all my UFO's and sigh!
    I love what you've created, well done. Lucky girl who gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one switched on gal! LoVe the "apron"! YOU have completed YOUR challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever,I love the apron ,such a good idea.mmmmm now what fabric have I in my stash....xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving your creative licence! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! And gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is a gorgeous sewing set. So lovely Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique creaton!! Do you have a pattern or tutorial for us??
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx