Sunday 16 December 2012

Bottled Rainbow play date

 
Wow it has been a long time since I have worked on this one :(
Last time it made an appearance I had finished 8 blocks
which leaves me 8 to go.
 
 
I like to save my scraps so set myself a task last year of making at lease one
scrap quilt a year and as this year is coming to a close way too fast and I need
to get moving on this one. Especially being that I have picked my scrap project
 for next year but more on that one later :)
 
So this afternoon you will find me knee deep in my scrap buckets which is also
a great diversion / distraction / avoidance tactic for what I am now calling
My White Elephant!
 
 
(aka my Vignette Quilt that already has the finish date of 2012 embroidered on it!)
 
So just for fun (and another avoidance tactic) I goggled some meanings :)

A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable but burdensome possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep lets change this to purchase price)is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth, (well we can also debate worth and it's worth every stitch, I'm sure!)

"Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss.[2]   (Oh yes this sound like it) It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have chosen to avoid dealing with the looming big issue

procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of lower priority, or doing something from which one derives enjoyment, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time

Food for thought. Anyway, I'm off to play with scraps :)
 
hugs, Sharon

4 comments :

  1. Wow, Sharon - That is an ambiguous project and really looks neat!! Can't wait to see that one finished!! Did you say by 12/31/12??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bottle rainbow is looking beautiful and I'm sure you will get to your Vignette when the time is right! Fun post though, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I I love seeing your bottled rainbow quilt. It's such a fresh and modern take on the idea of a scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vignette will get there eventually and the date doesn't matter that much really. Pop it away until you feel more like working on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx