Friday 5 April 2013

Caring with quilts

(Just found this post in my draft file. Woops. I should have hit the publish button
 two weeks ago. Oh well, better late than never.
A quick edit of the wording and here she goes! lol)

My donation quilt has arrived at it's destination and is now in the safe hands of
Chookyblue for her "Caring with Quilts" drive.
Pop on over here to find out more.
So far she is up to 144 quilts. That is an amazing effort.

144 quilts to date

Here is my donated Quilt.
It has been made with "Happy Go Lucky" by
Bonnie and Camille.  A great fabric range to play with.



See this beautiful quilting. A HUGE thank you goes out to Linda at
Linda was so kind to not only donate her time to quilt
this one for me but also the batting.  
Huge thank you again Linda.
Without your assistance I fear that this one would not have made it 
over the line and made it to its destination.

 

I had a lot of fun making this one - it's of my own design!


It even has labels :o)

  

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.
hugs, Sharon

10 comments :

  1. Looks fabulous Sharon!!! ... Will we see a pattern in the future? lol! It truly is a lovely design - the recipient will be very blessed!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to YOU and Linda. The quilt will be wonderful for a needy family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great quilt Sharon,I'm sure someone will love snuggling under it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gorgeous quilt Sharon. I love this fabric line. The design is great too - seems you may need to publish it, could be more interest I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous quilt... and so good of both you and Linda..
    someone will enjoy this especially now it is cooling down...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely thing to do Sharon and it looks beautiful too. I am sure its new owner will love it too. Lovely quilting by Linda too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful and such a lovely thing for you to do, hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beautiful and thanks so much for making a quilt for "Caring with Quilts"..........i'm sure it will be well loved............

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful looking forward to the pattern release....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous quilt Sharon...you were very strong to give it away, but such a wonderful cause :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx