Thursday 27 February 2014

#toesinthesandqal

Toes in the Sand QAL / BOM

This one has been happening for a while.
I started really good, making the blocks as they arrived.
Then month 4 got filled as did month 5 and before I knew it we are up to block 11.
One more to come and all I have to show is the first 6 blocks (3 months).


So this morning I set up my design wall and started working my way through the monthly packets (all lined up at the bottom).  I also placed my design wall in front of my fabric cupboard to try and stop my self being distracted :o)

  

Blocks 4 and 5 above
Blocks 6 and 7 below

  

All up, not a bed effort for one day. Going from 6 block to 14 blocks.


Also, after starting to work on this one today I saw that Julie put up a blog post about the 
Quilt Along.  See my block :) top right



 I am now that little closer to a guilt free start of Julies new BOM "Park Bench" (pictured above)
and some planning for this one below.


I hope you have had some time doing something you love today.
hugs Sharon

11 comments :

  1. It can be so easy to slip behind, but you have definitely made amends in just the one day. The blocks are looking great. Looking forward to the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you do well Sharon? So nice to be featured on the Jaybirds Quilt site too! Enjoy the late SUmmer sunshine while it lasts though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have had a good day with your sewing Shaz and your block looks good,well done my friend,have fun with that ironing tonight.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both park bench and toes in the sand patterns on order. Pretending I'll have time now the little lady has arrived! What is the fabric you're using for toes in the sand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both park bench and toes in the sand patterns on order. Pretending I'll have time now the little lady has arrived! What is the fabric you're using for toes in the sand?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you certainly kept your toes busy today Sharon...well done.
    The quilt will be stunning once completed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on getting all those blocks done Sharon.They are gorgeous. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you set your mind to something you sure get it done! Lovely blocks. I loooove Gossip In The Garden but that will have to wait in line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So when you need another kick in the butt, just let me know. It is a beauty - now finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nearly all caught up on that lovely quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow beautiful! Love Gossip in the Garden but its expensive to have it shipped to Canadab

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx