Saturday 26 July 2014

La Passacaglia - A New Start

"La Passacaglia"


I have been plotting a new start for some time now.
See that quilt on the cover. It finishes at 144 x 176 cm and is all English Paper Pieced.
There is a little quote on the inside of the cover.


Just as well I am addicted to this project already because if I had read that before starting 
I might have been scared off!

The lead time before I've started this project has been all about finding the right fabrics.
Fabrics that have amazing fussy cutting possibilities. 
For quite some time I have had a fondness of Tula Pink fabrics but I've never played with them.
Until now. 
As you can see I have managed to collect a great collection and finally decided it was time to start.


The first Rosette started to take shape.

  

then 90 pieces later the first Rosette was finished.


Hello, my name is Sharon and I am well and truly hooked on fussy cutting!
Just as well because in the grand scheme of things this is where I'm at.


A long way to go and I'm excited to see where this project goes.

I need to go, Rosette 2 is awaiting my attention.

hugs Sharon




24 comments :

  1. I thought that book looked promising. Wow! I hope you will still be hooked on fussy cutting at the end! It's certainly going to be gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is going to be amazing, Sharon. I haven't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Sharon, it will be another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW. Your piecing is fantastic. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is good luck you're going to need it but I think if anyone can you can! :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my golly gosh... I am gobsmacked... this is going tobe just wonderful... Sharon I'm sure I have said before but I think you are so clever with your choosing of just the right fabric....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh, what commitment you have Sharon, what a stunning quilt it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is certainly going to be a challenge - a beautiful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon I have been watching this on IG (I know silent stalking) it is AMAZING....the fussy cutting is beautiful and the stitching - all hail the queen....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning design. Your fabrics look great and your first rosette is just amazing.
    Valspierssews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck and have fun. I will be watching this fascinating quilt grow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will love watching this quilt grow as I love fussy cutting too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sharon, this going to be stunning when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. That is some piece of work. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an amazing project. I can see why the fabrics have to be just right. The first piece is wonderful just by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...my...goodness! This is going to be an amazing, truly amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh this is going to look really stunning. I love Tula fabrics too. I think you have made a great choice. I kind of wish you would stop posting fabulous things as my 'one day' list is starting to stretch on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll just stick with my current big project.............lol................looks good............

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful new project.
    I'm your new follower.

    Greetings, Manuela form Germany

    ReplyDelete
  20. Which Tula fabrics are you using, and what solids?

    are you printing your own templates or using the ones from paper pieces?

    enwquiring (nosy!! LOL) minds want to know

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am anxious to see your progress as I just ordered the book from Quiltmania.This quilt is gorgeous, and yours will be stunning.Have sew much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful start! I love this quilt. I started it June 2, 2014 and I'm still working on my first Rosette. It's going to be either a Rosette 2 or 3. Would love to show you when it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx