Tuesday 1 September 2015

Duke Road

I have had the absolute pleasure of working on a special project.

A remake of Sue Daley's 
"Duke Road"

It also allowed me to play with the new "Bloom and Bliss" line before it hit the shops. 
It's such a pretty range that I may just be adding some to my stash too :)


Lots of English Paper Piecing, some appliqué, hand and machine piecing.


 



I planned on working on one stage a week thus having it finished in 8 weeks and a little ahead of schedule. I found it so addictive and such an enjoyable project that in 44 days I had it finished and ready to be sent back to Sue.


You will have to excuse the night time photo and my poor iPad struggled with the spotty background to focus.


I love how bright and different it looks to the original and I can't wait to see how it gets quilted.

I think I was about half way through making this one when Sue left a comment on one of my Instagram progress pics letting me know that this Quilt will be hanging at the International Quilt Market in Houston in October.  Yikes, how terrifying yet exciting it was to be told that.

I know I am looking forward to seeing pictures of it hanging over there knowing that I made it.

One last picture. The full range of Bloom and Bliss from Riley Blake.


Thank you for stopping by,
hugs Sharon

8 comments :

  1. Sharon your quilt is lovely
    Congratulations on Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quilt. I was watching my DVD of Sue with Clare of Quilters Companion (the issue was some time ago) and saw that quilt in the show and tell part. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. I will look for it at Festival. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning work Sharon! This was even more beautiful in real life (I had the pleasure of seeing it during the production stages) & this fabric range definitely sings. Well done oh great famous one xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon this is so beautiful and pretty. You should be so proud. Well done. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sharon. I'm glad that others will get to see and enjoy your fantastic skills as a quilter and piecer (if there is such a word !) in this beautiful quilt. Well deserved recognition. Therese x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx